We would like to reassure all patients of Loock Dental Practice of the thorough safety measures we have in place for patients who need dental care during the current COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) concerns. We will also be offering a few guidelines for appointments.
Visits to Loock Dental Practice
- We will be meeting all patients with the correct masks and gloves on. While this may be less welcoming than usual, it is for your protection.
- We have a spray bottle of 70% alcohol hand sanitiser, with which all patients will be asked to clean their hands when they enter the practice.
- We always use state-of-the-art sterilising equipment at our dental practice. NO virus (including the novel coronavirus or COVID-19) or bacteria can survive this specialised medical cleaning process. All patients are always examined and treated with sterilised instruments and equipment.
- Between patients, we clean the chair and wipe all surfaces with sterilising solution. This takes time. Please exercise a little extra patience when you visit us, as it is for your protection.
- Any staff who become ill will be asked to remain at home, to be on the safe side.
- In the near future, patients may start being asked to come into the surgery one-by-one. This means that where parents usually accompany children, they may be asked to wait for them in the waiting room. Please ask the receptionist when you book what the current procedure is.
- It is important to keep the waiting room numbers down. We realise that having children home from school and daycare makes this very difficult, but as far as possible, parents must please only bring in the child who is our patient, and no additional children.
- If you have visited or been in physical contact with, anyone who has recently returned from any of the countries currently listed on the Coronavirus COVID -19 government website, please reschedule your appointment by telephone. This list is likely to change over time as the pandemic moves around the world, so please check close to your appointment date.
- If you are showing any of the symptoms listed on this website, especially the most common (a cough, fever, sore throat and shortness of breath), please do not come into the practice. We would be happy to reschedule your appointment by telephone.
- If someone you share accommodation or other close physical contact with, is sick with these symptoms or has been asked to self-isolate, please also inform us by telephone. We will happily reschedule your appointment to a more suitable time.
For important procedures and dental emergencies:
If you have a dental emergency, or have an existing booking for a serious dental condition, please inform the practice if :
- You are showing any of the COVID-19 symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, fever or sore throat)
AND / OR
- You have traveled to, or have been in contact with anyone who has recently been to, the countries mentioned by the updated government website: www.sacoronavirus,co.za. We can then take steps to protect staff and other patients. Procedures will be carried out in any case under highly sterile conditions.
At Loock Dental, we will always do our best to help our patients with their dental health with compassion, and with their safety at heart. We are all in this together, so let us help one another stay safe and keep smiling!